Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Roger's Comparison of the two Macbeth Films

I felt that Macbeth the play and Macbeth the movie were both similar. Although I clearly prefer the movie over the play, they both had their similarities. Both the movie and the play pretty much followed the same Dialouge, had the same characters and for the most part it had the same plot. The Macbeth from the movie was equally as corrupt as the Macbeth from the play and the Lady Macbeth from the movie was just as insane as the Lady Macbeth from the play. I felt that in both incarnations all the characters played their parts perfectly to the point that even though I was watching two different versions I felt that the characters were very similar because of their actions and the storylines and dialouges were similar so that made it easier to see the similarities.

However everything has to evolve and thus the play macbeth was remade into a modern day movie. There are so many differences between The play and The movie that I will try to list as many as I can without running out of space. I think the biggest difference between the two is the scenery. The play bored me so much because I couldn't stand to just watch a black background with a guy or group of guys talking. However the movie was actually very entertaining because I could actually feel the atmosphere and actually understand for the most part what was going on. Another difference between the first movie and the second movie is that even though the plot was the same the roles were changed around. Since the movie was made in modern times many of the roles were changed so that they would keep up with modern times. Instead of becoming king Macbeth became the leader of a gang. Likewise instead of riding horses they drive motorcycles or horses. Instead of using swords, they use guns. Although I did find it entertaining to see how well they adapted it to a modern version I prefered it how it was originally meant to be.

To conclude I prefer the movie over the play because it had a scenery which caught my attention, plenty of action(even though most of it was skipped >.>) and lastly I actually found alot of the actresses in the movie to be attractive unlike in the play, where every character was really ugly. The only thing I liked about the play is that it followed the original story.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with you in the fact that the movie was more entertaining to watch than the play and it was more understadable. and the scenery was also way better as well and that several of the actors in the movie were also more attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a they weren't that attractive i don't care

    ReplyDelete